miércoles, 22 de abril de 2015

Some guppy strain I am breeding.

I've been too busy to update the blog!! I am very sorry. 

In this post I am going to share some strains that I am breeding these days. Basically the same as usual.

Ok, so here we go:

1.- Micariff



I 've been breeding these for some years now. When I first got them I only had males so I had to work to keep them, my crosses to reproduce them involved snakeskins and then I have been focusing on the elimination of the red color in caudals. 

2.- Pandas:


I just reproduce them since 2013.


3.- Red head Platinums



It's been a long way since I have been working on this strain. Unfortunately I have sacrified the tail for the red color on the top of the head. I am still working on them so let's just see them as a work in progress.


4.- Galaxies.


I recently posted this picture on facebook and someone said: "very low quality"...

Well the story is quite interesting at least for me. The guppies that you can see in this pictures are the ones that I have selected to breed and try to stablish this strain. 

In 2013 I had the honor to visit and meet the european breeder and champion Ronan Boutot. From him I got 3 incredible strains, one of them round tail galaxies. 

Unfortunately the males were too agresive and ended up killing all females. Sad but I had to make an effort to maintain this strain so I crossed the males to my snakeskin strain and I got the F1s that you see in the picture. So there is yet a lot of work to do but I do not agree with the "very low quality" opinion. 

In the end breeding guppies is not a stable task, strains are always evolving. 

Greetings from México!!!!

All comments are welcome.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario